28.8.10

Love or Condition? ( A Poem for April Fools Day)

I am old and grey
But I still wonder
Why people love
and fall out of love?
Libido or passions,
Lust or ambition,
Power or devotion,
Anger or deceit,
fear or delight,
desire or obsession
hardships or glory,
Or everything above?

I have known people
Who choose one
over the other,
Who choose stability for their family,
the people around them,
the movement,
the nation,
or the greater good
or what they believe,
Instead of personal feelings,
And then they ended up
Hiding the bitterness in their hearts.

They died hiding it
deep in their hearts,
accepting the mediocre,
accepting what is practical,
and they ended up
as practically loveless.

I have played matchmaker
For a long, long time
And sometimes it comes back
As a challenge,
But I am already too old
For that

And yet the question remains.
Is it a personal choice?
Or a choice made for them
By the system
or themselves?
Will it ever change…
Only time can tell

But for me,
The choice will always be
Yours!

 Saturday, April 3, 2010 at 8:39am

No comments:

Post a Comment